Friday, May 1, 2020

Mrs. Peter's Birthday Cake

SEVEN SILLY EATERS by Mary Ann Hoberman and Marla Frazee is one of my all-time favorite picture books and one of the first books I reviewed on my blog. After re-reading the book last week, my five-year-old asked if we could make Mrs. Peter's birthday cake. I'm not much of a baker, but I found a recipe on Mary Ann Hoberman's website and we tried it out today! It didn't turn out quite as pink as we wanted so we made pink frosting (very lumpy pink frosting because we weren't patient enough to wait for the butter to soften 😉). But even though it didn't turn out too pretty, it was lots of fun to make and actually pretty tasty too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Brave, Bud (SpringFling 2022)

“Open up, Bud!” Daisy called. “I’m good, thanks,” Bud muttered. “But it’s a beautiful day!” “I’d rather stay inside.” “But you need ...